THE NO-BRAINER EYE SHADOW PALETTE
Eye shadow palettes can be intimidating at the best of times.
I know I’ve said it before but it’s true: for the most part, you end up only liking half the colours and the other half you’re either too terrified to use or mess up.
In fact, you end up just wishing that all the colours went together but were also different enough to be worn alone at the same time.
Meet Lancôme Limited Edition My French Palette – a luxurious Parisian garden-inspired eye shadow palette. On opening, the palette reveals 3 elegant matte nudes and 3 iridescent pink shades while in a daring twist, the lid contains 3 vivid colours, two of which make excellent liners.
Think of it as a handheld gateway to the modern smoky eye. Yes, you can create subtle gradations and bright accents or you can keep it simple with a monochrome swipe.
For daytime, create a work-friendly eye look for the office:
- Apply a light veil of shade 1 over the whole lid, up to the eyebrow arch.
- Use shades 3, 4 and 6 to create your smoky eye, working from the centre of the upper lid to the outer corner. Blend the shades to create a graduated effect.
- Accentuate the eye by applying shade 8 to the lower lash border.
- Add a touch of light to the inner corner with shade 7.
When night falls, switch gears and ramp up the smokiness:
- Apply shade 7 from the inner corner to the centre of the lid. Apply shades 5 and 6 working from the centre of the lid to the outer corner.
- Add subtle depth to the eye using shade 2 under the eyebrow arch.
- Accentuate the eye by applying shade 8 along the upper lash border and shade 9 along the lower lash border.
These hues are literally born (or baked) to be together, and all the colours blend no matter where you put what.
Like I said, it’s a no-brainer really.
[responsive imageid=’13321′ size1=’0′ size2=’641′ size3=’1024′]
[responsive imageid=’13319′ size1=’0′ size2=’641′ size3=’1024′]
[responsive imageid=’13328′ size1=’0′ size2=’641′ size3=’1024′]